WHO WE ARE
We believe that every person should have the opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel of Jesus. At Partners, we accelerate the advancement of the gospel to the least reached by equipping indigenous leaders.
We have a unique opportunity for a Regional Development Director to meaningfully engage and build relationships with individuals, churches and foundations, emphasizing the impact that their financial partnership will have in reaching the billions who have yet to hear of the love of Christ.
Are you a relationship builder and a connector? Do you have a passion for sharing the gospel around the world? The successful candidate will be an inspirational networker and storyteller with a strong desire to build our base of support in the Southeastern US.
This position serves our US Partners in the Southeastern US and reports to the Chief Advancement Officer.
Fully remote in the Southeastern US. The candidate needs to be near a major airport.
• Build meaningful relationships with our financial partners and encourage them to experience generosity in ways that bring them joy.
• Advocate for our International Ministries team, presenting opportunities for increased levels of funding from individuals, churches and foundations.
• Work in close partnership with our international field partners, continuously learning how to better communicate their needs and impact.
• Act as a spokesperson for Partners, cultivating opportunities to speak in a variety of settings.
• Serve as a liaison to the local church community that supports global missions.
• Coordinate with the Chief Advancement Officer to discern opportunities to engage/involve Partners’ CEO, board and international staff in fundraising activities.
• Cultivate a portfolio of 150+ current & potential major donors, averaging a minimum of 15 face-to-face contacts per month and 6 general contacts per donor per year.
• Directly solicit major gifts on behalf of Partners, engaging in a cycle of awareness building, asking, affirming, reporting and motivating.
• Coordinate local events and gatherings that both deepen and broaden the base of support in key areas.
• Regularly cultivate individual donors to major donor status by identifying and building relationships with local partners possessing greater capacity.
• Consistently engage new partners and prospective partners, determining goals and achievable outcomes based on area served.
• This position requires a minimum of 30% overnight travel in addition to regular localized visits.
• Ability and drive to capture all development activity in our “Virtuous” database, ensuring both accountability and excellent historical portfolio accuracy.
• Aptitude to work within diverse cultures and across a variety of demographics.
• Experience managing, tracking and reporting on the financial efforts and outcomes associated with an impact-focused organization.
• High degree of personal drive and desire to excel.
• Ability to communicate on behalf of a faith-based organization to those who share the same beliefs.
• Occasional international travel to areas served by Partners, may require the ability to lead a team of international travelers.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & CRITICAL QUALITIES
• Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ): Demonstrates desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without mental reservation.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• A self-motived individual with the ability to learn/thrive in a remote setting.
• Globally aware with a basic knowledge of and passion for the least reached.
• Goal-oriented, comfortable with accountability.
• Creative problem solver with a high degree of relational discernment.
• Exceptional level of personal integrity, honesty, and discipline.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: Prior ministry experience preferred, with fundraising experience desired. Will consider other candidates from other relationally driven vocations.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Zoom, Slack and database management platforms.
Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and HSA.
Long-term & short-term disability and life insurance.
401K matching plan.
12 paid holidays and 19 PTO (vacation and sick time) days.
Monthly Work from anywhere stipend.